October 4, 2023- With just five days remaining, Bacolod City is preparing for a major initiative against illegal parking. Spearheaded by Police Major Junji Liba and the Bacolod Traffic Authority Office (BTAO), this initiative aims to instill discipline among operators of public utility vehicles, private cars, and tricycles
Full enforcement begins on October 9 after a two-week information drive. Impounded vehicles will be held between 15th and 16th streets, and the operation covers Lacson Extension to Bata Border.
Two dedicated teams from the north and south will ensure the smooth implementation of the new regulations.
City Ordinance 1035 has introduced Tow-Away Zones, indicating that any instance of illegal parking within these areas constitutes a violation of the rules, and your vehicle may be towed at any time.
1. Loading and Unloading zones for PUV
2. Within 6 meters or any intersection or curved lane
3. In front of all authorized public and private driveways
4. On designated bicycle lanes
5. Within 4 meters of driveways or entrances to any fire station and hospital
6. Within 4 meters of fire hydrants
7. On pedestrian crosswalks
8. On the sidewalks, paths, and alleys not intended for parking
9. On any bridges and at the foot of any bridge.
Read complete ordinance here: https://tinyurl.com/BCDTowClamp
(Source: Bacolod City Public Information Office)